Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Arrival.



Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f3.5
1st Edition by Kiron

Introduced in 1975 Vivitar offered a revolutionary line of exclusive lenses (Series 1), albeit the extraordinary high price, in fact they were so expensive that photographers descriminated the series, but their value were soon realized by a small group of passionate photographers and brought to light through Vivitar's unbelievable optical quality, lens construction and versatility - compared to even brand name lenses at the time.

Today, I find great prviliage and nonetheless greater pleasure in possessing one of these prestige lenses, the one I hold is one of the earliest version manufactured by Kiron with 15 elements and a front thread of 67mm with macro at 1:2.2.. unfortunately it is also the heaviest in this series, afterall it's full metal construction. I wanted to get the second version manufactured by Tokina (with one less element, and much lighter) though that hunt proved to be more exhausting and impossible then I had imagined. The following editions were made on budget and hence lack in all areas of the pristige history.

Nonetheless, I am still awaiting my EOS-FD adapter with AF confirm before I can even use this lens.. for now it sits on my desk like a trophy of vintage inventions.